USLF June 21st, 2017 Board Meeting Summary
The USLF Board of Directors met June 21st for their regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues its financially stability. Treasurer Margaret Tremain reported that May’s Profit and Loss statement shows some impact from more up front expenses for the 2017 Symposium compared with last year. Margaret also mentioned that the Finance Committee still plans to meet to finish a proposed budget. Next year’s budget process will begin in August.
- President Lisa Simmons reported that to date approximately 150 members, including lifetime members, had renewed their membership for 2017-2018. Lisa also asked the Board to focus on membership issues, specifically to entice our members to stay with us, to promote the spirits of inclusion and community throughout the membership, and to support our members as they work to preserve and promote the Lipizzan. The Board will devote a special Board meeting to these topics in the near future. Gayla Edwards and Mella Smith will be working together to contact those who have not yet renewed. USLF Board thanks you for joining our Lipizzan community again!
- Join us at our 2017 North American Lipizzan Symposium! Please plan to attend our annual member meeting at the DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia, Olympia, Washington, Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 2th. Highlights will include demonstrations on Friday and Saturday by the Pacific Northwest Lipizzan Club including an introduction to the new and popular discipline of Working Equitation. Also new this year is an optional hands-on mini-clinic on effectively photographing horses taught by professional photographer Dotty Weber! Symposium registration forms will be available shortly on both our website and in the Summer News. Call the DoubleTree directly for your room reservations at 360-570-0555 and ask for the United States Lipizzan Federation Rate or use the following link: http://group.doubletree.com/USLipizzanFederation
Room rates are $119/night for a king and $129/night for a double queen beginning Thursday, Oct. 26th. The DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia is at 415 Capitol Way North, Olympia, Washington, 98501 and sits near scenic Puget Sound. Your registration will include our annual member meeting, our gala dinner, awards presentations, and auction.
- The 2017 Stallion Brochure is available on our website. View pages of handsome Lipizzan stallions with contact information and availability. Links to this informative brochure also appear on the Lipizzan International Federation’s website, meaning that American stallions are now being seen overseas by the international Lipizzan community!
- The Breeders Committee is planning our 2018 Breed Evaluation Tour. Did you see their planning survey in your email asking your interest in having your Lipizzan(s) evaluated or hosting an evaluation at your facility? If not please contact the committee directly to be included in their arrangements.
- Linda Duggan, News Editor, reports the Summer News is in layout and should be out by mid-July. Expect the Symposium Registration form as a centerfold!
- 2018 Lipizzan Calendar Committee will again be contacting members and sponsors for the 2018 Lipizzan Calendar. Signups have already begun so be sure to check our website or the USLF’s Facebook page for how to include your Lipizzan/Lipizzan Cross.
- The Pacific Northwest Lipizzan, our 2017 Symposium hosting organization; met in mid-June and will meet again in mid-July.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be July 19th, 2017.
Muffin Smith, Secretary