USLF July 19th, 2017 Board Meeting Summary
The USLF Board of Directors met July 19th for their regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues its financially stability. Treasurer Margaret Tremain reported that June’s Profit and Loss statement shows our net income almost $1,000 ahead of last year. The Finance Committee has met with all USLF committees, incorporating their requests into a consolidated proposed budget which Margaret distributed for Board’s review. In August the Finance Committee will begin developing next year’s budget in order to be finished by November, the beginning of our fiscal year.
- The Nominating Committee is developing a slate of qualified candidates for the upcoming Director elections. Qualifications for Director appear in Article III, Section 1 (Nominations and elections of Board of Directors) of the USLF Bylaws. If you’re interested in being considered for a seat on the Board of Directors, please contact Margaret Tremain, Nominating Committee chair.
- President Lisa Simmons reported that this year’s membership stands at 168, plus 20 family memberships. Thanks to Gayla Edwards and Mella Smith who have spent many hours reminding and encouraging past members to rejoin and welcoming new members. The USLF Board thanks you for joining our Lipizzan community and appreciates your energy and participation!
- The 2017 North American Lipizzan Symposium plans an informative and interesting 2-day event with our member meeting and demonstrations. Come join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia, Olympia, Washington, Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 28th. Our hosts, the Pacific Northwest Lipizzan Club, will introduce us to the new and popular discipline of Working Equitation and for you camera buffs professional photographer Dotty Weber will host a mini-clinic in effectively photographing horses! See the USLF Summer News, arriving in your mailbox soon, for Symposium registration forms. Call the DoubleTree directly for your room reservations at 360-570-0555 and ask for the United States Lipizzan Federation Rate or use the following link: http://group.doubletree.com/USLipizzanFederation
Room rates are $119/night for a king and $129/night for a double queen beginning Thursday, Oct. 26th. The DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia is at 415 Capitol Way North, Olympia, Washington, 98501 and sits near scenic Puget Sound. Your registration will include our annual member meeting, our gala dinner, awards presentations, and auction.
- The Breeders Committee is planning our 2018 Breed Evaluation Tour and is reviewing the responses to their planning survey to determine locations and the number of horses needing evaluation. The Board is working schedule our 2018 Annual Member meeting in conjunction with one of our evaluation sites. Are you ready to have to have your Lipizzan(s) evaluated or hosting an evaluation at your facility? Please contact the committee directly to be included in their plans.
- The 2018 Lipizzan Calendar Committee is looking for sponsors for the remaining pages of the 2018 Lipizzan Calendar. See our website or our Facebook page to sign up for a page to show your Lipizzan/Lipizzan Cross to the world!
- The Pacific Northwest Lipizzan, our 2017 Symposium hosting organization; met in mid-July to firm up arrangements for our annual meeting.
- The Mid Atlantic Lipizzan Association is assembling its quarterly newsletter and will distribute its quarterly newsletter to its members. See its website to become a member.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be August 16th, 2017.
Muffin Smith, Secretary