The USLF Board of Directors met March 22nd for the regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to improve financial stability. Treasurer Margaret Tremain reported assets have grown about $1,900 over last month and more than $7,000 over this same time last year. Income has grown slowly but expenses are considerably smaller than last year as the Board continues its frugal management of operations. Margaret reported that the a few new categories will be added to the 2017 budget to improve its ability to accomplish mid-year corrections.
- Registrar Rennie Squier reported a relative quiet month with four transfers and one registration. She also reported that the Lipizzan Census continues to collect data on Lipizzans and was pleased to report that she has recently received new information from previously unreported owners with multiple Lipizzans.
- Members should have received their updated 2017 Membership Directory. Information includes members as of February 19th.
- Planning for the 2017 North American Lipizzan Symposium continues! Vice President Lynn Smith reported that a block of rooms has been arranged at the Doubletree Inn in Olympia, Washington, Friday, October 27th through Sunday, October 29th. Tentative plans include holding our annual member meeting at the Doubletree as well as our gala dinner. Former USLF President Tim Foley is slated to return as our favorite auctioneer! Details will be firmed up and announced as soon as possible
- The Registration Committee has compiled a 2017 Stallion Brochure which will be available as promotional materials for horse expos and other public venues. . The Brochure will list Lipizzan stallions standing at stud with their contact information. Early reports are that the brochure has beautiful pictures of approximately 30 stallions.
- Come out and support the Pacific Northwest Lipizzan Club as they appear at the Northwest Horse Fair & Expo in Albany, Oregon, March 24th – 26th. The Mid Atlantic Lipizzan Association will also exhibit Lipizzans in demos and a quadrille at the Virginia Horse Festival, Doswell, Virginia, that same weekend.
- 2018 Lipizzan Calendar Committee is preparing to solicit photographs of Lipizzans for our second annual Lipizzan Calendar. Watch the USLF’s Facebook page for information.
- 2017 Lipizzan Calendar Committee is putting our few remaining copies of our beautiful calendar on sale! Check out our website for price reductions before they’re all gone.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be April 19th, 2017.
Muffin Smith, Secretary