The USLF Board of Directors met September 20th for their regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to grow. Treasurer Margaret Tremain reported that assets are about $7,800 ahead of last year at this time. The Finance Committee’s continues to discuss 2018 requirements with committee chairs and “owners” of line items appearing in the budget.
- The Nominating Committee reports that Director election ballots were distributed along with some paper ballots for those members without email. The deadline to return ballots is October 17th.
- President Lisa Simmons reported that to date this year’s memberships has reached 218, including eleven lifetime members, one legacy member, twenty-one families, twenty enthusiasts, and three business. As always, the USLF Board thanks you for energy, participation, and support!
- Vice President Lynn Smith reported that planning continues apace for our 2017 North American Lipizzan Symposium, Friday, October 27th, and Saturday, October 28th at the DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia, Olympia, Washington. Demonstrations of working equitation and mounted archery and a quadrille will combine with our annual member business meeting, annual awards banquet, and auction. See your Summer USLF News for registration forms and for how to sign up for the mini-photography clinic by professional photographer Dotty Weber. Your Symposium registration will include our annual member meeting, our gala dinner with awards presentations and auction. Make your room reservations directly ( http://group.doubletree.com/USLipizzanFederation ) or by calling the DoubleTree at 360-570-0555. The DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia is at 415 Capitol Way North, Olympia, Washington, 98501 near scenic Puget Sound.
- Registrar Rennie Squier reports five registrations and four transfers this month with more in process.
- The USLF is once again sponsoring a Lipizzan breed class at the prestigious Dressage At Devon show, Thursday, September 28th.
- The Lipizzan International Federation (LIF) is holding its General Assembly at the historic Lipizzan stud farm in Lipica, Slovenia. Past President June Boardman and Secretary Muffin Smith are attending to represent the USLF and will report on their trip at Symposium.
- The 2018 Lipizzan Calendar Committee has found sponsors for all its pages and cover! The Calendar committee plans to have this calendar available for sale in plenty of time for Christmas shopping and to hopefully have calendars available at Symposium.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be October 18th, 2017.
Muffin Smith, Secretary