The USLF Board of Directors met June 15th for its regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to be on solid financial ground. Treasurer Don Holthofer reported that membership renewals continued to grow steadily this past month.
- Registrar Rennie Squier reports two new registrations and two transfers. She has also received registration paperwork for several more 2016 foals, always a good sign, and there are also more transfers to be processed from the Lipizzan Census. The USLF Board welcomes our new members and horses to the Lipizzan Community!
- Breeders Committee chairman June Boardman reportThe Evaluation Tour starts in St. Cloud, Minnesota September 20th and 21st to coincide with our annual member meeting September 22nd. The Evaluation Tour’s next stop is Raeford, North Carolina September 24th or 25th. Both locations will include the breed seminar offered by Lipizzan International Federation Senior Judge Dr. Yvonne Peeters. Forms for registering for the annual meeting and for the 2016 Breed Evaluation Tour activities will be available soon!
Vice President Lynn Smith, our annual meeting organizer, reports our 2016 annual member meeting plans are being finalized. A block of rooms has been set aside for attendees of the annual meeting and/or the Evaluation Tour at the Holiday Inn and Suites in St. Cloud. Call the hotel directly at (320) 253-9000 and ask for the United States Lipizzan Federation group rate, $85.95 per night. In addition to the block of rooms for Sept. 19th thru 22nd, several rooms are available for the weekend of Sept 17th and 18th for early arrivals at the group rate.
The hotel’s address is 75 37th Avenue South, St. Cloud, MN 56301. Our annual member meeting and dinner will be at the Café Renaissance, www.thecaferenaissance.com. Registration for the annual meeting will be separate from registration for the evaluation tour activities and the forms for both will be available soon.
- Our Youth Program committee has developed guidelines for scholarship applications and the Board has authorized funding. Forms and details will be forthcoming.
- The 2016 Lipizzan Census committee is putting together a Lipizzan map showing the location of Lipizzans that we have incomplete information on, coming soon to our website. If you spot a Lipizzan on the map near you and can help us identify it, please let the Lipizzan Census group know. As always, we appreciate all our responders who have helped and are helping us know more about our North American Lipizzan herd!
-The Membercast Committee’s next membercast is June 20thand will include:
- Director's Corner with USEF "S" Dressage Judge Jennifer Roth
- 2016 Lipizzan Foal introductions hosted by radio announcer Lynne Warfel
- Information about USLF's three different Award Programs
Being in on the membercast includes being able to post questions to the presenters so if you haven’t already signed up for the membercast, please do so promptly! If you miss the initial viewing, you will be able to view it later using a web link.
- Attention Lipizzan Drivers! Awards in memory of Ingun Littorin will be available this year! A plaque and ribbon will be presented to the highest scoring driving Lipizzan(s) at the highest competition level. A second ribbon will be presented to the highest scoring driving Lipizzan(s) in the Lipizzan Laurels regardless of competition level. Lipizzan drivers, we thank you for your time and effort into presenting the athletic ability and diversity of our Lipizzans at all levels of competition!
- The Calendar committee reports that they will meet next week to select pictures for our 2017 Lipizzan Calendar and that members have submitted some beautiful pictures. The calendar is still on track for September delivery.
- The Loving Our Lipizzans committee reports more new members have registered. See our website for a link to sign up and for information on this information and goal sharing community of Lipizzan enthusiasts. See the upcoming newsletter for their stories and successes.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be July 20th. The USLF Board meets the third Wednesday of every month.
Muffin Smith, Secretary