The USLF Board of Directors met July 20th for its regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:04 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to be on solid financial ground. Income grew faster than expenses and our membership and registrations continue to increase.
- Registrar Rennie Squier reports a busy month with seven new registrations and eight transfers. Information contributing to the Lipizzan Census also continues to arrive. Approximately 700 horses have been reported by 400 owners responding to our survey.
- Breeders Committee chairman June Boardman reports the registration forms for the 2016 Breed Evaluation Tour and the Annual Meeting are available on our website thanks to our hardworking Website committee. The committee reminds those of you planning to have your Lipizzans evaluated that this year a Veterinary Check is also required. This form is also available on the website along with hotel information. Evaluations and our annual member meeting will be in St. Cloud, Minnesota September 20th and 21st, followed by evaluations in Raeford, North Carolina September 24th and 25th. Both locations will include the breed seminar offered by Lipizzan International Federation Senior Judge Dr. Yvonne Peeters, who performed our breeding stock evaluations in 2014. Find registration forms under FUN THINGS WE DO. http://www.uslipizzan.org/evaluationsfun/. Book your hotel room separately at the Holiday Inn and Suites in St. Cloud by calling the hotel directly at (320) 253-9000 and ask for the United States Lipizzan Federation group rate, $85.95 per night. A block of rooms for Sept. 19th thru 22nd has been reserved for us as well as several rooms for the weekend of Sept 17th and 18th for early arrivals.
Our annual member meeting and dinner will be at the Café Renaissance, www.thecaferenaissance.com. Information for North Carolina hotels will be forthcoming.
- The Board spent a considerable part of the meeting discussing the upcoming Directors’ election and a possible slate of candidates. The Nominations Committee has done an excellent job identifying and surveying potential candidates. This year we elect a Vice President and three at-large Directors. If you’re interested in serving on the Board of Directors, please contact Kathy Kelly, Nominations Committee chair, about the qualifications to run for the Board.
- The next Membercast will be July 25th! Be sure to attend to see June Boardman’s presentation on correctly presenting your horse for evaluation followed by a question and answer session. If you must miss the initial presentation, a recast will be available on YouTube.
- 2017 Lipizzan Calendar Committee met recently to make their final selections for the calendar. The committee is striving for an art-quality product with professional photographs and expects to have them ready by September just in time for Christmas shopping!
- The newly formed Youth Scholarship committee is developing procedures to award funds for clinics and other educational opportunities to our young riders. Members will be given priority over non-members; riders of Lipizzans will be given priority over riders of other breeds. Forms and instructions will be available in time for 2017 opportunities.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be August 17th The Board meetings the third Wednesday of each month.
Muffin Smith, Secretary