The USLF Board of Directors met October 19th for an abbreviated monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:03 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to be on solid financial ground. Financial reports show that our expenses are less than projected and that income exceeds expectations for memberships and the 2017 Calendar. Merchandise continues to be downsized and the Marketing and Promotions committee has purchased ads in USDF show programs and publications, as well as the show program of the Baroque Equestrian Games.
- Registrar Rennie Squier’s reported a busy month with three transfers and five registrations with more transfers arriving to be processed. She also reported that the Lipizzan Census is assembling a list of contacts for groups of horses for whom information is still missing. The Lipizzan Census is slated to run through 2016.
- Breeders Committee chairman June Boardman reported that the Lipizzan International Federation’s annual meeting will be in Vienna this fall and will include an extra day-long session on advances in genetic research. She also remarked that the Stud Book will be updated shortly with the results of this year’s Evaluation Tour. The Breeders Committee will meet to discuss how best to make the updated Stud Book available.
- The Board discussed candidates to fill the one-year vacancy on the Board and will hold a special meeting on October 26 to make their final decision.
- Vice President Lynn Smith is already planning the 2017 North American Lipizzan Symposium and is interested to hear from regional clubs who would be interested to host the event. Please contact Lynn with your ideas!
- The Membercast Committee presented the Annual Meeting as a membercast including Directors to field member questions. Although the event was lightly attended, the committee views 2016 with its successful membercasts as positives and plans future topics possibly in other media. We’ll keep you posted on their plans and presentations.
- 2017 Lipizzan Calendar Committee reports the 2017 calendar will be available for purchase, once shipping arrangements have been determined. See your Fall newsletter for the beautiful pictures and think Lipizzan Christmas presents! The website has order forms for the calendar. If you haven’t already ordered yours, stay tuned for details.
- The Loving Our Lipizzans committee reports that their plans for 2017 will possibly include an additional facility for members to chat with each other along with a new Facebook presence.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be November 16th.
Muffin Smith, Secretary