Member Registration & Transfer
To view this page please sign in using your USLF Member credentials.
The Registration Committee is looking forward to assisting you with the transfer or registration of your horse. You can read through the scenarios and forms below, or simply contact us for advice and we will assist you with the appropriate paperwork. Reference files are available below.
Transfer Certificate of Registration: If you have purchased a Lipizzan or Lipizzan cross and would like to transfer ownership into your name
Congratulations on your purchase of a Lipizzan or Lipizzan cross!
- Mail the ORIGINAL Certificate of Registration to the USLF Office. The back of the Certificate of Registration must be signed by the owner of record and list the new owner. Also please note if there has been a change in reproductive status.
- Make payment – either via PayPal by submitting the form below, or by sending a check to the office with your Certificate of Registration.
- $15 (within six months of sale)
- $25 (more than six months after sale)
- $62 for a horse registered with a different Lipizzan registry.
If you do not have the original Certificate of Registration or if the owner of record has not signed, please contact the USLF Registration Committee through the USLF office. * For more information, see Section VI in the USLF Registration Guide
We celebrate the birth of each Lipizzan and Lipizzan cross!
- Pay the registration fee (which includes $47 Parent Verification DNA fee):
- Horse Registration: $147
- Discounted Registration (for foals under 6 months of age): $87
- Registration of a Lipizzan already registered with another Lipizzan registry: $62
- If you have 5 or more horses to be registered, a herd discount is available. Email the USLF Registration Committee at USLF office for more information.
- Make your payment – either via PayPal by submitting the form below, or by sending a check. Click here for the USLF office mailing address.
- Complete the form below to start the registration process. Once the USLF Treasurer confirms receipt of payment to the USLF Registration Committee, you will receive two emails. The first will provide the DNA Submission Form in pdf format which provides instructions on how to collect and submit a hair sample to the UC Davis Veterinary Genetics Laboratory. The second email will provide instructions with a Registration Application for your horse in pdf form to be completed – including all necessary signatures – and submitted to the USLF Registration Committee.
Once a hair sample is received by the laboratory, they may take up to 10 days to process and provide results to the USLF Registration Committee. Once the Registration Committee has received both the results from the laboratory AND the completed registration application, allow 2-3 weeks for processing and issuing the Certificate of Registration.
Horse Naming: USLF rules and guidance for naming Lipizzans and Lipizzan crosses may be found here. In the following form please use the name (or names for a filly) you are requesting for your foal/horse. In the email you receive from the USLF Registration Committee, they will indicate if the name has been approved, or if it needs to be modified for any reason.
Horse DNA Testing for Identity
We are often contacted by people wondering if they have a Lipizzan. In these situations we can run Parent Verification (PV) DNA on the horse (requires a hair sample) and compare it to our existing database to determine if
- It is an exact match for a previously registered horse, or
- If there are any potential sire or dam matches in our database.
We also have a breed "fingerprint" method under development using the PV DNA that can suggest if a horse is purebred Lipizzan.
To initiate testing, please complete the following form. The DNA testing fee is $47. A DNA Submission Form will be emailed to you in pdf format.
Alternatively, payment may also be made by sending a check directly to the USLF office - make sure to include all the information requested on the below form.
You may submit a stallion report online for up to four mares. If you have five or more mares (or prefer not to do the online form), please download and print the PDF.
Miscellaneous Payment to USLF
Enter your name and what the payment is for. Use the Buy Now button and enter the $.