USLF April 19th, 2017 Board Meeting Summary
The USLF Board of Directors met April 19th for the regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6:05 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to improve financial stability. Treasurer Margaret Tremain reported assets have grown about $2,000 over last month and over $10,000 over this same time last year, boosted by renewing memberships. Margaret and President Lisa Simmons will meet to review provisional and actual expenses to finish developing the 2017 budget.
- Registrar Rennie Squier reported a quiet month with five transfers and several more in process. Rennie also reported that to date 105 members had already renewed their membership for 2017-2018; an increase over this same period last year. Thank you for joining us again!
- 2017 North American Lipizzan Symposium plans are firming up! Vice President Lynn Smith reported that a block of rooms has been arranged at the Doubletree Inn in Olympia, Washington, Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 29th. Our annual member meeting will be at the Doubletree as well as our gala dinner, awards presentations, and auction. Tentative plans also include an introduction and demonstration of the newly popular discipline Working Equitation and a possibly add-on mini-clinic on effectively photographing horses so plan to bring your camera! The DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia is at 415 Capitol Way North, Olympia, Washington, 98501 and sits near scenic Puget Sound. Make your reservations directly with the DoubleTree by calling 360-570-0555 and ask for the United States Lipizzan Federation Rate or use the following link:
Room rates are $119/night for a king and $129/night for a double queen beginning Thursday, Oct. 26th.
-North American Lipizzan Symposium – USLF Meeting and Clinics Tentative Schedule…
Friday, October 27th 8:00 Registration, Conference Room, DoubleTree by Hilton, Olympia
9:00 – 12:00 USLF Annual Member Meeting begins
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:15 USLF Annual Member Meeting continues
2:15 Break and travel to School of Equestrian Arts
3:00 – 4:00 Demonstration of Legerete (French Classical Dressage)
4:00 – 5:00 Demonstration of Trail Preparation and Safety
5:00 Dinner on your own (There are several restaurants nearby.)
Saturday, October 28th at School of Equestrian Arts
8:00 How to Take Great Horse Photos mini-clinic
10:15 Demonstration of Working Equitation
12:15 Quadrille by PNLC Members
1:30 Break Out Sessions, USLF Annual Member Meeting Adjourrns
5:00 No Host Bar at DoubleTree
6:00 Banquet and Awards followed by the Auction at DoubleTree
- The 2017 Stallion Brochure will shortly be available on our website as part of an enhanced Breeders Directory. The Brochure lists Lipizzan stallions standing at stud with their contact information. Be sure to check out the beautiful pictures of handsome prospects!
- The Breeders Committee will meet next week to begin planning our 2018 Breed Evaluation Tour. Please respond to their upcoming survey asking your interest in having your Lipizzan evaluated or hosting an evaluation at your facility. The Committee is also preparing to again take up its plans to develop a training program to certify our own breed evaluators and aims to dovetail our program into the Lipizzan International Federation’s plans to train their own junior breed judges
- 2018 Lipizzan Calendar Committee is preparing to solicit members to sponsor a page and submit photographs of Lipizzans for our second annual Lipizzan Calendar. Watch the USLF’s Facebook page and our website: www.uslipizzan.org for information, expect an email soon, or contact the USLF office if you would like your Lipizzan/Lipizzan Cross to be included. Our own members will be contacted first before the general equestrian community.
- Both the Pacific Northwest Lipizzan Club and the Mid Atlantic Lipizzan Association reported good turnout to their booths at their respective horse expo events and enthusiastic appreciation of Lipizzans in general. The Mid Atlantic Lipizzan Association plans to keep the energy going by forming a regular quadrille team this year; contact President Sue Ott if you’re a MALA member and interested in being considered.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be May 17th, 2017.
Muffin Smith, Secretary