The USLF Board of Directors met August 17th for its regular monthly meeting via teleconference/meeting software at 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
- The USLF continues to be on solid financial ground. Memberships are slightly ahead of last year and expenses are keeping within projected budgeted amounts.
- Registrar Rennie Squier reports a busy month with seven new registrations and six transfers. She has also received registration paperwork for several more 2016 foals and transfers resulting from the Lipizzan Census continue to slowly come in. Welcome to our new members and horses and thanks for joining the Lipizzan Community!
- Breeders Committee chairman June Boardman reports the registration forms for the 2016 Breed Evaluation Tourand the Annual Meeting are available on our website. After the Evaluations and annual meeting in St. Cloud, Minnesota September 20th and 21st, the Evaluation Tour will proceed to Raeford, North Carolina September 24th and 25th. Both locations will include the breed seminar offered by Lipizzan International Federation Senior Judge Dr. Yvonne Peeters, who performed our breeding stock evaluations in 2014
Registration form locations:
-The form for the Evaluation Seminar and for the Annual meeting in St. Cloud, Minnesota, September 20th and 21st is available on our website home page.
-The forms to evaluate horses and to attend the 2016 Breed Evaluation Tour in Raeford, North CarolinaSeptember 24th and 25th are available on our website under FUN THINGS WE DO. http://www.uslipizzan.org/evaluationsfun/
Vice President Lynn Smith reminds everyone to register for our annual meeting either on our website or by downloading the registration forms from our website. A block of rooms has been set aside for attendees of the annual meeting andthe Evaluation Tour at the Holiday Inn and Suites in St. Cloud. Call the hotel directly at (320) 253-9000 and ask for the United States Lipizzan Federation group rate, $85.95 per night. In addition to the block of rooms for Sept. 19th thru 22nd, several rooms are available for the weekend of Sept 17th and 18th for early arrivals at the group rate.
The hotel’s address is 75 37th Avenue South, St. Cloud, MN 56301. Our annual member meeting and dinner will be at the Café Renaissance, www.thecaferenaissance.com. Register separately for the informational judges’ training seminar presented by Dr. Peeters, our evaluator. Are you bringing a horse or two for evaluation? Wonderful! Registration forms and vet check forms are also on our website.
- The annual Director’s Election is underway and electronic ballots have been distributed to all our members with email addresses. Paper ballots have been snail mailed to members either with no email or who requested paper ballots. Up for election is the office of Vice President and three at-large Director seats on the Board. Please vote and return your ballots! This democratic election process is the hallmark of our organization and we thank you for your thoughtful participation!
- Attention Young Riders! Thinking of riding in or attending a clinic in 2017? At the upcoming member meeting we will announce the procedures for requesting funds via our new Youth Program to help your education and training! Our Youth Program committee has developed guidelines for scholarship applications and the Board has authorized funding. Forms and details will be forthcoming at the annual member meeting!
- Coming soon to our website is the 2016 Lipizzan Census committee’s map of all the known but unreported Lipizzans. We’re looking to develop as complete a picture as possible of our North American Lipizzan population so if you spot a Lipizzan on the map near you and can help us identify it, please let the Lipizzan Census group know. As always, we appreciate all our responders!
- The Membercast Committee will be videoing the St. Cloud evaluations and member meeting so those of you who won’t be joining us in St. Cloud will later be able to view the meeting on YouTube. A follow-up membercast will then give members a chance to ask questions about the meeting and evaluations. We’ve heard you all say you’d like a way to view the meetings remotely and we’re working to put that technology in place. We’ll keep you posted on the dates! Being in on the membercast includes being able to post questions to the presenters.
- 2017 Lipizzan Calendar Committee reports that they have selected pictures and hope to have copies of the 2017 Lipizzan Calendar available at the annual meeting for admiring and for purchase. Think Lipizzan Christmas presents! The calendar is still on track for September delivery.
- The Loving Our Lipizzans committee reports much activity by a very active core group of members. See our website for a link to sign up and for information on this information and goal sharing community of Lipizzan enthusiasts. See the upcoming newsletter for their stories and successes.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be October 19th. See you all in St. Cloud!
Muffin Smith, Secretary